Here are a few ways to beat the heat in Alabama #icebucketchallenge
- 💧Jump in a River (Alabama has 77,000 miles of rivers) or other natural body of water like a lake (1,912 acres) or the ocean. You didn’t realize that Alabama has 60 miles of coastline? No worries. Neither did I until I met a boy from Alabama. It’s along the Gulf of Mexico. Bonus: There are also 600 miles of tidal River bayou shoreline.
- 🍺 There is nothing like 85% humidity to appreciate cold beverage. This could be a fiver in itself. Beer (take your pick @cahababrewing @avondalebrewing, @goodpeople @trimtab @ghosttrain, wine @goldenage and kombucha @harvestrootsferments flow in stunningly designed (and climate-controlled) locations.
- 🍦@bigspooncreamery. Special flavors Made IN BIRMINGHAM. Named best in Alabama by @FoodandWine, but locals know it’s THE BEST IN THE WORLD!
- 📚 Read on the screened in porch. I just bought a book by Yaa Gyasi (from Huntsville.) Harper Lee, Truman Capote, Bryan Stevenson, Winston Groom, Fanny Flagg, Booker T Washington - this list needs to longer…
- 🎵 Road trip to live music at @StandardDeluxe in Waverly. Ditch your phone. Stay hydrated. Sweat it out. Worth it. 💯
- Use Ice. Put it in a Beautiful Handmade Ice Bucket
What’s your go to in your town or anywhere?